Dr Rhyd Lewis
- +44 (0)29 2087 4856
- M/1.32, 1st Floor, Mathematics Institute, Senghennydd Road, Cardiff, CF24 4AG
Rhyd Lewis is a senior lecturer in operational research at the School of Mathematics.
- Director of the MSc in Operational Research and Applied Statistics, and the MSc in Operational Research, Applied Statistics and Risk
- Member of Operational Research Group
- Member of the Planning and Optimisation Group
- Program committee member for Evolutionary Computation in Combinatorial Optimisation
- Program committee member for The Practice and Theory of Automated Timetabling
- Program committee member for The International Metaheuristics Conference
- Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
- MA0276 Visual Basic Programming for OR
- MA3602 Algorithms and Heuristics
- MAT002 Statistical Methods
- Bradley Hardy
- Asyl Hawa
- Wasin Padungwech
- Penny Holborn: Thesis Title: "Dynamic vehicle routing problems with pickups, deliveries and time windows"
- Matthew John: Thesis Title: "Metaheuristics for designing efficient routes and schedules for urban transportation networks"
- Elizabeth Rowse: Thesis Title: "Robust optimisation of operating theatre schedules"
- Lisa Taylor: Thesis Title: "Post-enrolment based course timetabling"
Rhyd Lewis's research interests include:
- The application and analysis of metaheuristic algorithms
- Graph colouring (see also his book on this topic)
- Operating theatre scheduling
- School bus routing
- Automated timetabling (course and exam) and related problems
- Grouping/Partitioning problems
- Sports timetabling, particularly round-robin scheduling
- Solving sudoku problems with metaheuristics
- The Urban Transport Routing Problem
- Bin-packing, trapezoid (trapezium) packing, and the equal-piles problem
- Vehicle routing, particularly dynamic variants of the problem
- Arc routing, again particularly dynamic variants of the problem
Find out more about his research at his personal website.