Dr Tim Young
Education and qualifications
MA Natural Sciences, University of Cambridge.
PhD awarded 1985 (The stratigraphy of the upper Ordovician of central Portugal), Sheffield University
1985-1987: NERC Postdoctoral Fellow, The sedimentology of an upper Ordovician ironstone in Europe, Sheffield University.
1988-1991: Research Assistant: NERC mapping contract, Geological Sheet 134, Pwllheli (UWCC).
1993: Research Associate: Developing computer-aided learning module on Stereographic Projection. (UWCC).
1994-1998: Part-time lecturer, Department of Earth Sciences, Cardiff University.
1993-2003: Part-time tutor, Department of Geography, Swansea University.
1997- : Associate Tutor, Archaeology, Cardiff University
1997- : owner GeoArch, Archaeological Consultancy (www.geoarch.co.uk)
- Fellow of The Society of Antiquaries
- Fellow of The Geological Society
- Member of Council of the Historical Metallurgy Society (Chairman 2007-2011)
- Member of the Caerleon Research Committee
- Member of Bristol and Gloucestershire Archaeological Society
- Member of Gloucester and District Archaeological Research Group
- Member of Severn Estuary Levels Research Committee
Currently teaching on:
- 'Surveying and Prospecting' (HS2314)
- 'Analysis of artefacts' (HS2320)
- 'Archaeological Science' (HS2422)