Dr Nina Maxwell
I am based in the Children's Social Care Research and Development Centre (CASCADE). My main interest is in social work and social care research particularly the evaluation of service provision. I have evaluated provision across all age ranges including father engagement, help-seeking and improving the quality of life for people with severe mental health problems.
My PhD involved designing educational simulations for children and my Masters extended this work by using simulated doctor-patient consultations to improve communication skills and balance patient-centred with diagnostic goals. Over the last 11 years I have worked at both Cardiff and Swansea universities on a range of research projects.
- Evaluation of the Video Interaction Guidance Service (Cornwall Council)
- Confidence in Care: Process Evaluation of Training to Residential Care Workers (BIG Lottery)
- Evaluation of 'Visiting Mum' Scheme (PACT)
- Evaluation of social work/social care provision
- The effectiveness of mental health projects
- Father engagement
- Parent-child interventions