Dr Huw Pritchard
Lecturer in Law
- +44 (0)29 2087 4355
- 1.08, 21 Park Place
Huw joined Cardiff School of Law and Politics in September 2015 as a lecturer in devolved law and governance. His main areas of interest are the law of devolution in Wales and the UK and the devolution of justice. He is also interested in constitutional law, administrative justice and the effects of devolution on the law of health and social care. He is a member of the Wales Governance Centre. Huw is also a member of the Cardiff School of Law and Politics Centre for Health and Social Care Law.
He was awarded a PhD from Bangor University School of Law in 2015. This focused on devolved administrative tribunals in Wales and their implications for the devolution of justice functions to Wales. His research was fully funded by the Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol. Prior to this he completed an LLM in Devolved Law and Government at Bangor Law School (2009) and an LLB in Law and Welsh at Cardiff Law School (2008).
Huw has provided oral evidence to the Constitutional and Legislative Affairs Committee of the National Assembly for Wales and written responses to Welsh Government consultations.
He teaches Public Law, Legal Foundations and contributes to the Law of Devolution modules at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. He lectures through the medium of English and Welsh and is a member of the Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol Law Panel.
- George, M & Pritchard, H, The Wales Bill - Take 2 (Click on Wales Blog, June 2016)
- George, M & Pritchard, H, 'The Draft Wales Bill and the Devil in the Detail' (Click on Wales Blog, March 2016)
- Pritchard, H & Williams, Ll, 'Government Pauses for a Better Wales Bill' (Centre on Constitutional Change Blog, March 2016)
- Member of Coleg Cymraeg Cenedlaethol Law Panel
- Member of the UK Constitutional Law Association
- Member of the Society of Legal Scholars