Dr Rhodri Woodhouse
Lecturer & Deputy Director of Learning and Teaching
Educational and Professional Qualifications
- 2004 - 2009- PhD, A changing view of eye dominance, Cardiff University
- 2000 - 2003- BSc (Upper 2nd class Hons) Mathematics, Cardiff University
2013 – present- Teaching Fellow, School of Optometry and Vision Sciences, Cardiff University
Although I joined the academic staff in 2013, I have been a member of staff in the School since 2009. During this time, I have worked in an administrative capacity in Cardiff University Optometrists and WOPEC.
Committees and reviewing
- 2010 - present- Member of Equality and Diversity Committee
- 2013 - present- Joint course co-ordinator for preliminary year
- 2013 - present- Learning Central administrator
I am a joint course co-ordinator for the preliminary year of the B511 Optometry with Preliminary Year degree route. I am the module leader for two modules in the preliminary year, OP0201 Human Development and OP0206 Written & Communication Skills, and the module leader for the Study Skills portion of OP1204 Maths and Study Skills in the first year. I have also contributed lectures to the postgraduate MSc in Clinical Optometry course.