Professor John Fitz
- School choice;
- School admissions;
- School inspection;
- Education policy analysis;
- Politics of policy making and policy implementation;
- Privatisation of public services;
- Attitudes towards higher education: higher education funding and fee regimes;
- Devolution and education;
- Politics of education.
Honours and awards
- Attitudes Towards Higher education: a study of 16 and 17 entrants to HE in Wales, Welsh Assembly Government, with Lesley Pugsley and Chris Taylor £55,000;
- 'Higher Education Policy in Wales' K £10 ESRC (co-director);
- 'Measuring markets in the Public Sector: the case of the Education Reform Act 1988' (with Stephen Gorard) K £80 ESRC.
BA/ BSc, EdD, PhD:
- Social Theory and Policy Analysis;
- Critical Issues in Schooling;
- Social Justice and Educational Provision.