Lowri Wyn Davies
Project Manager for the Welsh Language Training Sabbatical Scheme
- Welsh speaking
- +44 (0)29 2087 5657
- 1.59, John Percival Building
Originally from the Gwendraeth Valley, I joined the School of Welsh in 1999 as an MA student and completed a dissertation analysing language planning in Wales and the bottom-up approach of the Mentrau Iaith in promoting the Welsh Language within Welsh communities. I was subsequently appointed as a tutor then a lecturer at the School with responsibility for teaching and developing modules for second language students. I now work as a Project Manager responsible for the Welsh Language Training Sabbatical Scheme. The Sabbatical Scheme, funded by the Welsh Government, offers a program of language training courses for lecturers, teachers and teaching assistants. Cardiff University is one of three establishments currently running the Welsh Language Training Sabbatical Scheme.
Welsh Language Training Sabbatical Scheme.
* Modules for primary school teachers who teach Welsh as a second language
* Modules for lecturers, secondary and primary teachers and teaching assistants who teach through the medium of Welsh
* Courses for teaching assistants in English medium primary schools
* Courses for teaching assistants in Welsh medium primary schools