Our researchers have produced a number of articles and monographs.
- Sherrard-Smith, E. et al., 2016. Distribution and molecular phylogeny of biliary trematodes (Opisthorchiidae) infecting native Lutra lutra and alien Neovison vison across Europe. Parasitology International 65 (2), pp.163-170. (10.1016/j.parint.2015.11.007)
- Kean, E. , Chadwick, E. A. and Muller, C. T. 2015. Scent signals individual identity and country of origin in otters. Mammalian Biology 80 (2), pp.99-105. (10.1016/j.mambio.2014.12.004)
- Pountney, A. et al., 2015. High liver content of polybrominated diphenyl ether (PBDE) in otters (Lutra lutra) from England and Wales. Chemosphere 118 , pp.81-86. (10.1016/j.chemosphere.2014.06.051)
- Sherrard-Smith, E. , Chadwick, E. A. and Cable, J. 2015. The impact of introduced hosts on parasite transmission: opisthorchiid infections in American mink (Neovison vison). Biological Invasions 17 (1), pp.115-122. (10.1007/s10530-014-0709-y)
- Sherrard-Smith, E. et al. 2015. Spatial and seasonal factors are key determinants in the aggregation of helminths in their definitive hosts: Pseudamphistomum truncatum in otters (Lutra lutra). International Journal for Parasitology 45 (1), pp.75-83. (10.1016/j.ijpara.2014.09.004)
- Muller, C. T. et al. 2014. Scents and scentsivity - what scents (may) spell out and ways to read it. Flavour , pp.11-11.
- Stanton, D. W. G. et al. 2014. Contrasting genetic structure of the Eurasian otter (Lutra lutra) across a latitudinal divide. Journal of Mammalogy 95 (4), pp.814-823. (10.1644/13-MAMM-A-201)
- O'Neill, D. et al., 2013. Development of novel real-time TaqMan®PCR assays for the species and sex identification of otter (Lutra lutra) and their application to noninvasive genetic monitoring. Molecular Ecology Resources 13 (5), pp.877-883. (10.1111/1755-0998.12141)
- Sherrard-Smith, E. , Chadwick, E. A. and Cable, J. 2013. Climatic variables are associated with the prevalence of biliary trematodes in otters. International Journal for Parasitology 43 (9), pp.729-737. (10.1016/j.ijpara.2013.04.006)
- Chadwick, E. A. et al. 2013. Seroprevalence of Toxoplasma gondii in the Eurasian otter (Lutra lutra) in England and Wales. Parasites & Vectors 6 75. (10.1186/1756-3305-6-75)
- Kean, E. , Gwynne, L. and Chadwick, E. A. 2013. Persistent organic pollutants and indicators of otter health. Project Report.[Online].CHEMTrustAvailable athttp://www.chemtrust.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/Otter-Health-Pollutants-V8-DesignedV4-FINAL.pdf.
- Kean, E. and Chadwick, E. A. 2012. Mammal records verification rule sets for NBN Record Cleaner and recommendations on species whose records should be treated as sensitive. Mammal Society and NBNAvailable athttp://www.nbn.org.uk/nbn_wide/media/Documents/Defra/Mammal-Society-NBN-Report-30-04-2012.pdf.
- Sherrard-Smith, E. , Chadwick, E. A. and Cable, J. 2012. Abiotic and biotic factors associated with tick population dynamics on a mammalian host: Ixodes hexagonus infesting otters, Lutra lutra. PLoS ONE 7 (10) e47131. (10.1371/journal.pone.0047131)
- Hobbs, G. I. et al. 2011. Bayesian clustering techniques and progressive partitioning to identify population structuring within a recovering otter population in the UK. Journal of Applied Ecology 48 (5), pp.1206-1217. (10.1111/j.1365-2664.2011.02028.x)
- Chadwick, E. A. et al. 2011. Lead levels in Eurasian otters decline with time and reveal interactions between sources, prevailing weather, and stream chemistry. Environmental Science and Technology 45 (5), pp.1911-1916. (10.1021/es1034602)
- Kean, E. , Müller, C. T. and Chadwick, E. A. 2011. Otter scent signals age, sex, and reproductive status. Chemical Senses 36 (6), pp.555-564. (10.1093/chemse/bjr025)
- Chadwick, E. A. and Sherrard-Smith, E. 2010. Pregnancy among otters (Lutra lutra) found dead in England and Wales: foetal development and lack of seasonality. IUCN Otter Specialist Bulletin 27 (1), pp.33-41.
- Sherrard-Smith, E. and Chadwick, E. A. 2010. Age structure of the otter (Lutra lutra) population in England and Wales, and problems with cementum ageing. IUCN Otter Specialist Bulletin 27 (1), pp.42-49.
- Sherrard-Smith, E. , Cable, J. and Chadwick, E. A. 2009. Distribution of Eurasian otter biliary parasites, Pseudamphistomum truncatum and Metorchis albidus (Family Opisthorchiidae), in England and Wales. Parasitology 136 (9), pp.1015-1022. (10.1017/S0031182009006362)
- Stanton, D. W. G. et al., 2009. Mitochondrial genetic diversity and structure of the European otter (Lutra lutra) in Britain. Conservation Genetics 10 (3), pp.733-737. (10.1007/s10592-008-9633-y)
- Hobbs, G. et al., 2006. Landscape genetics applied to a recovering otter (Lutra lutra) population in the UK: Preliminary results and potential methodologies. Hystrix : the Italian Journal of Mammalogy 17 (1)(10.4404/hystrix-17.1-4364)