This section is to support the School/Directorate Safety Officer/Co-ordinator (DSO) in their role.
Clicking on the links will roll the information down the page, clicking on the link again will roll the information back up.
THE ROLE OF THE SCHOOL / DIRECTORATE SAFETY OFFICER / CO-ORDINATOR
- To act as liaison between the School/Directorate and the OSHE Unit.
- To be an ex-officio member of the School/Directorate Safety Committee.
- To retain familiarity with University and School/Directorate health and safety policies.
- To maintain a general knowledge of safety, health and environmental legislation in relation to the activities of the School/Directorate.
- To follow an appropriate programme of development so that an appropriate standard of safety, health and environmental knowledge is sustained.
- To provide general health and safety advice, or where appropriate to refer members of the School/Directorate to the OSHE Unit.
- To disseminate health and safety information and reports to appropriate members of School/Directorate staff and students.
- Where appropriate, to liaise with the School/Directorate Eco Champion on matters relating to the safe disposal of waste.
- Where appropriate, to liaise with the School Biological Safety Adviser and School Radiation Protection Supervisor on matters relating to biological and radiation safety.
- Liaise with the School/Directorate Safety Committee to review health and safety procedures within the School/Directorate.
- Liaise with the School/Directorate Safety Committee to assist with the co-ordination of systematic health and safety inspections of the workplace.
- Liaise with the School/Directorate Safety Committee to assist with the co-ordination of the reporting and investigation of accidents/incidents.
DSO Contact support within OSHEU
The following individuals act as the first point of call for any Safety, Health and Environment related issues.
Documentation communicated to DSO's for assisting with the DSO role.
Previous minutes from DSO update sessions.