How To Apply
For initial enquiries and advice about admissions and module selection, please contact the PGT (Postgraduate Taught) Team.
Tel: 02920 870794
For details on how submit your application, please E-Mail PGOptom@cardiff.ac.uk
Applicants will be considered for entry to the PGT programme in OPTOM on an individual basis. Students are normally expected to hold a BSc (Hons) degree in Optometry from a University in the UK or Republic of Ireland, or from an equivalent institution recognised by Cardiff University.
As the majority of the course is delivered online you will need access to a computer with high speed Internet access.
English Language Requirements
Candidates need to satisfy the Cardiff University requirements for entry to postgraduate courses, including the English Language Requirements.
Fees and Sponsorship
What to do if someone else is paying your fees:
If someone else is paying your tuition fees (either in part or in full), please make sure you follow the below instructions to avoid any delay in accessing your material on Learning Central, and to stop the finance department chasing you for unpaid fees:
1. Your sponsor will need to write a letter confirming:
- the exact amount they are sponsoring you for
- what address the fees department should send your invoice to
- your full name and student number
2. Email email@example.com with a scanned version of your sponsorship letter or send it to the below address:
8th Floor, Newport Road
3. Your sponsors will need to transfer funds directly to Cardiff University
Checklist for applying to study at Cardiff University
- If studying a full qualification (Postgraduate Certificate, Diploma, MSc) then you can apply online here: http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/regis/general/applyonline/optompgt.html
- If you’re applying to study just one or two modules as an occasional learner then you will need to complete and return a paper application form and referee report which can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Required documents:
You will need to upload/send through to Lucy Hampton two written references and a copy of either your BSc/MSc/PhD certificate. This is a requirement by the Cardiff University admissions team and cannot be bypassed.
- If you’re an international student then you will need to check the English language requirements page: http://www.cardiff.ac.uk/for/prospective/international/english-language-requirements.html to check what else you need to provide
- If you only wish to study OPT010: Glaucoma Level 1 then please DO NOT select the postgraduate certificate in Glaucoma, you only want to apply as an occasional learner (via the paper application form – please see note 2).
The College of Optometrists certificate is not connected to the postgraduate certificate. Please note that you will still gain the College’s professional certificate in Glaucoma by only selecting OPT010: Glaucoma Level 1 as an occasional learner
- Once your application has been added to the system the admissions team will send you your username and password for accessing your record – if you don’t receive this within two weeks of applying then please let Lucy Hampton (email@example.com) know.
If you have any queries at all about your fees then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as the PGT team are unable to deal with any finance issues.