How To Apply
For initial enquiries and advice about admissions and module selection, please contact the PGT (Postgraduate Taught) Team.
Tel: 02920 870794
For details on how submit your application, please E-Mail PGOptom@cardiff.ac.uk
Applicants will be considered for entry to the PGT programme in OPTOM on an individual basis. Students are normally expected to hold a BSc (Hons) degree in Optometry from a University in the UK or Republic of Ireland, or from an equivalent institution recognised by Cardiff University.
As the majority of the course is delivered online you will need access to a computer with high speed Internet access.
English Language Requirements
Candidates need to satisfy the Cardiff University requirements for entry to postgraduate courses, including the English Language Requirements.
Fees and Sponsorship
What to do if someone else is paying your fees:
If someone else is paying your tuition fees (either in part or in full), please make sure you follow the below instructions to avoid any delay in accessing your material on Learning Central, and to stop the finance department chasing you for unpaid fees:
1. Your sponsor will need to write a letter confirming:
- the exact amount they are sponsoring you for
- what address the fees department should send your invoice to
- your full name and student number
2. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a scanned version of your sponsorship letter or send it to the below address:
8th Floor, Newport Road
3. Your sponsors will need to transfer funds directly to Cardiff University
If you have any queries at all about your fees then please contact email@example.com as the PGT team are unable to deal with any finance issues.