Nominees for the Enriching Student Life Awards Announced
09 April 2013
In its third year, the annual Enriching Student Life Awards aim to recognise the outstanding support and guidance given to students from a range of staff, be that academic or administrative.
This year saw an unprecedented number of nominations from students, highlighting the sheer amount of staff members who go the extra mile to support their students.
Beth Button, Education and University Affairs Officer said: "Coming up with a shortlist from the huge number of nominations was very hard, not only due to the large quantity, but the incredible quality of the nominations.
"Each and every staff member nominated clearly goes above and beyond to help their students, and this was demonstrated through the nominations and testimonies we received. Whether it's academic, pastoral or through the support they offer, the awards are a fantastic celebration of the way in which our staff impact on the lives of their students at Cardiff."
This year's shortlisted nominees are:
The Endsleigh Employability award:
- Helen Mc Nally – Careers Service
- Elliot Pill – School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies
- Janet Williams – School of Maths
Most Helpful member of staff:
- Duncan Bloy - School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies
- Ellen Christopher – School of English, Communication and Philosophy
- Denise Davies – School of Healthcare Studies
- Angharad Naylor – School of Welsh
Most Effective member of staff:
- Martin Coyle – School of English, Communication and Philosophy
- Luke Sloan –School of Social Sciences
- Glenn Sweeny – School of Biosciences
Personal Tutor of the year:
- Gary Attard – School of Chemistry
- Rob Thomas – School of Biosciences
- Carole Tucker – School of Physics and Astronomy
Most Uplifting member of staff:
- Dave Dawkins – Law School
- Guiseppe Vatalaro – School of European Languages, Translation and Politics
- Rob Wilson – School of Maths
Most Innovative staff member:
- Ralph Fevre – School of Social Sciences
- Rebecca Price-Davies – Welsh School of Pharmacy
- Steve Whitcombe – School of Healthcare Studies
The Enriching Student Life Award:
- Kathryn Foot –Careers Service
- Louise Hughes – School of Pharmacy
- Sarah Williamson - Registry, Governance & Students
All shortlisted nominees will be invited to an awards dinner held in Aberdare Hall on 9th of May, where the Vice-Chancellor will be presenting the awards. The awards for Student Academic Representatives will also be presented during this award ceremony.
Congratulations to all shortlisted candidates!