Immunisations and registering with a GP

For your health – and the health of those around you – we recommend a series of immunisations, as well as registering with a local doctor.

Immunisation advice

We strongly advise all new students to ensure that they are immunised against meningitis ACWY and measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) before coming to Cardiff University. This is especially important if you're going to be living in University accommodation.

If you have not already received the immunisations in school they are available free from your GP. International students who have not had the vaccines in their home country will be able to get it from their new Cardiff GP free of charge.

Register with a GP

You should register with a general practitioner (doctor) as soon as you arrive in Cardiff. You can also find a local GP practice on the NHS Direct Wales website.