New MMus in Composition studentship for 2009-10
NEW! 1 full 1-year AHRC-funded Cardiff University studentship open to applicants for the MMus in Composition.
As a result of Cardiff University's successful bid for a Block Grant Partnership with the Arts and Humanities Research Council, a new funding opportunity has been created for student composers. For 2009-10, there is a full AHRC-funded postgraduate studentship at Cardiff University open to applicants for the MMus in Composition.
The closing date for applications for the AHRC-funded studentship
outlined above is 31
This competitive AHRC-funded studentship is additional to the ten studentships (deadline for applications: 1 June 2009) announced by the School of Music in February.
In outline, these competitive School of Music studentships are as follows:
- 2 full 3-year research studentships by thesis, in performance or in composition
- 1 fees-only 3-year research studentship by thesis
- 1 fees-only 3-year research studentship in performance, supplemented by a contribution to living costs in the first year (supported by the Eleanor Amy Bowen endowment)
- 1 fees-only 3-year research studentship in composition, supplemented by a contribution to living costs in the first year (supported by the David Wynne endowment)
- 5 fees-only 1-year taught studentships, one in each of the School's Masters' programmes: Ethnomusicology; Music, Culture and Politics; Musicology; Performance Studies; Composition.
The closing date for applications for the School of Music studentships outlined above is 1 June 2009.
For full details, follow this link to the School's Postgraduate Funding page.