School of Music announces 10 postgraduate studentships for 2009-10
The School of Music is delighted to announce that it will fund up to 10 full and fees-only postgraduate studentships to be taken up in 2009-10. This is the largest single investment the School has made in its provision for postgraduate study and it benefits all of its research (PhD) and taught (MA/MMus) programmes.
In outline, these competitive studentships are as follows:
- 2 full 3-year research studentships by thesis, in performance or in composition
- 1 fees-only 3-year research studentship by thesis
- 1 fees-only 3-year research studentship in performance, supplemented by a contribution to living costs in the first year (supported by the Eleanor Amy Bowen endowment)
- 1 fees-only 3-year research studentship in composition, supplemented by a contribution to living costs in the first year (supported by the David Wynne endowment)
- 5 fees-only 1-year taught studentships, one in each of the School's Masters' programmes: Ethnomusicology; Music, Culture and Politics; Musicology; Performance Studies; Composition.
The closing date for all applications is 1 June 2009.
For full details, follow this link to the School's Postgraduate Funding page.