Choosing to study Music at Cardiff is your opportunity to become engaged in a vibrant musical community.
Our undergraduate curriculum is strong in traditional skills, but also reflects contemporary developments in music and musicology.
Our students work and study with academic staff with expertise across composition, performance, musicology, ethnomusicology, and popular music.
We actively encourage our students to develop musical and critical skills that are suited to a wide variety of careers and workplaces. In 2013/14, 98.2% of our students found employment or were in further study six months after graduating.
Our graduates have found success both within the music profession – as composers, conductors, performers, teachers, arts administrators, and music librarians – but also in diverse fields such law, accountancy, politics, IT, marketing and management consultancy.
Our BMus course offers an in-depth study of music which allows you to specialise and develop your own musical interests:
Our BA programmes allow you to combine your music studies with English Literature, French, German, History, Italian, Mathematics, Philosophy, Religious Studies, or Welsh:
- BA Music (W300)
- BA English Literature and Music (WQ33)
- BA French and Music (WR31)
- BA German and Music (WR32)
- BA History and Music (WV31)
- BA Italian and Music (WR33)
- BA Music and Mathematics (GW13)
- BA Music and Mathematics with a Year Abroad (GW31)
- BA Music and Philosophy (VW53)
- BA Music and Religious Studies (VW63)
- BA Music and Welsh (QW53)