As well as conducting research and providing training, we also offer a limited range of clinical services delivered by our expert team.
The Cardiff University Psychiatry Service (CUPS) is a referral-only clinical service that makes use of the world-leading research expertise within the university.
This service is provided jointly through Cardiff University and Cardiff and Vale University Health Board.
Services we provide
We can provide treatment, assessments and second opinions in the areas of expertise of our team, which currently covers:
- Mood disorders - conditions such as depression and bipolar disorder
- Psychosis in adults - in relation to conditions such as schizophrenia or borderline personality disorder
- Perinatal mental health – mental health problems around pregnancy and childbirth such as post-natal depression
- Genetic counselling - advice on the risk of passing down common psychiatric disorders through families)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder – assessment, treatment and second opinions for people who develop Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder after experiencing traumatic events.
Access our services
We can only accept referrals from the senior clinician in charge of your case. We are unable to take on any case without their agreement. Please note we are unable to accept self-referrals.
If you would like a second opinion from the Cardiff University Psychiatry Service, then you will need to discuss this with your doctor.
If the clinician in charge of your case agrees to refer you, they should send their referral in writing to the service coordinator at:
Cardiff University Psychiatry Service
and Traumatic Stress Service Coordinator
School of Medicine
3rd Floor, Hadyn Ellis Building
Medical Secretary, Division of Psychological Medicine and Clinical Neurosciences
- +44 (0)29 2068 8321
The clinic is based at the Hadyn Ellis Building. View our location on a map and get directions.
Limited parking is available for clinic users.