Careers and employability
In the latest available survey, 84% of our undergraduates were in employment or further study within six months of graduation (2015 DHLE figures).
In addition to this, modern language graduates are very employable and are able to pursue other professional careers within the business and commercial sectors.
Focused career support
Our Careers and Employability service offers information, advice and guidance to our students at every stage, delivering a tailored range of career-related events throughout the year. Whatever your career ambitions, we can help you to start your journey with our range of focused careers and employability activities.
Careers and employability support includes:
- one-to-one sessions by appointment
- master classes on CV writing, application forms and interview workshops
- career planning sessions including career options for your Modern Languages degree
- LinkedIn masterclass
- professional networking events
- professional guest speakers from a wide range of sectors (e.g. Translator, Interpreter, Teacher and business related occupations)
- work experience placement advice
- teacher placements
- specialist support from Go Wales
- mock interviews
- information on internships and graduate training programmes
- Enterprise activities and support to develop your own basic website and app
- links to the Global Opportunities Centre (GOC)
- opportunity to complete an employability award (Cardiff Award)
- up-to-date careers information and links to additional graduate careers information.
The Careers and Employability service is located on Park Place. Careers interviews for Modern Language undergraduates and postgraduates are available via the student intranet, follow the links to 'Careers Account'.
Careers and Employability
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2087 6525