The standard AGCE offer for all Single Honours Mathematics degree schemes is AAB, with an A in Mathematics, with the exception of the MMath degree scheme for which the asking grades are AAA with an A in Maths or A*AB with an A* in Maths. There is no requirement for students to have taken Further Maths at A level.
For applicants taking the Welsh Baccalaureate, the typical offer is A in Mathematics, A in another subject and a pass in the Welsh Baccalaureate. General Studies is excluded from the offer. The corresponding IB offer is 34 points overall with at least 6 in Higher Level Mathematics. A minimum C grade in GCSE English is normally required. We also welcome applications from students from overseas and from students who have equivalent qualifications, such as BTEC, GNVQ, ACCESS, etc.
Applicants with such qualifications should contact the admissions tutor,
Dr Jonathan Thompson for more information.
Find a course that suits you and your requirements.
The standard offer for Joint Honours degree schemes is as follows; in all cases an A grade in Mathematics is required:
- BSc in Mathematics and Physics (FG31) – ABB including a B grade in Physics.
- BSc in Computer Science and Mathematics (GG14) - ABB
- BSc in Mathematics and French (GR11) – AAB including an A grade in French
- BSc in Mathematics and German (GR12) – ABB including a B grade in German
- BSc in Mathematics and Music (GW13) – AAB including a B grade in Music
- BSc in Mathematics and Philosophy (GV15) - AAB
- BSc in Mathematics and Religious Studies (VG61) – AAB
- BSc in Mathematics and Welsh (QG51) – ABB, must be a first language Welsh speaker.
In the case of applicants whose first language is not English, competence in the English language is also a criterion of admission. More information is available here.