Join as an NHS member
To borrow or renew items as an NHS member you will need to join and get a library card.
You can join as an NHS member at our health libraries:
- Archie Cochrane Library Monday-Friday, 09:00-17:00
- Brian Cooke Dental Library (Please visit the Health Library for your library card)
- Health Library Monday-Friday, 10:00-17:00
- Velindre NHS Trust Library Monday-Friday, 8:30-16:30
Alternatively, you can join at Senghennydd Library. All NHS staff can register at the following times:
- Monday to Friday 10:00 - 21:00, Saturday 10:30 - 17:00 (during semester time)
- Monday to Friday 10:00 - 16:30 (during vacation time)
What you'll need
Please bring your identity card as proof of employment.
Library card and PIN
On completion of an application form you will receive a library card, which you can use in any of our libraries. Please ask for a PIN to access your library account.
Please note: you are responsible for all materials issued on your card. Do not lend it to anyone else. Please keep your card safe and let us know at once if you lose it. There is a £10 replacement fee.