What can sustainability do for your business?
When: ‘Coming soon! To register your interest in this event please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Where: Cardiff University
Cost: £10 per person
Sustainability is becoming an issue of increasing importance. In Wales, there is commitment to make this a central guiding principle for all public sector organisations. This will therefore help to drive change in the private sector, especially relating to procurement. For all organisations, understanding the issues can lead to cost savings, increased competitiveness and (in the case of the private sector) the ability to secure more public sector work. However some view sustainability as confusing and difficult to understand.
Presented by the Welsh School of Architecture (WSA), this 2 hour introduction will outline the factors important to sustainability, what they can mean to your business, and how considering the issues can lead to increased opportunities.
Light refreshments will be provided.
Who is it for?
This workshop is aimed at anyone who works in the Built Environment sector and who has responsibility for business development, continuity or entrepreneurship.
What will I learn?
- The business benefits of sustainability (including assisting profitability and increasing competitiveness) within their own business setting
- How current practices within the Built Environment can be applied to my own field
- The drivers for sustainability and how these relate to social, environmental and economic factors as well as a policy context
Benefits of attending
- Be better able to react to change relating to sustainability.
- Chance to ‘demystify’ sustainable development language.
- Greater awareness of current issues enables anticipation of potential changes, especially relating to securing public sector work.