Back to: Statistics
Statistics for Beginners Using SPSS
- Statistics for Beginners Using SPSS
(23 - 24 April )
If this course isn't quite what you're looking for, or you have any further questions, the following pages may be of use:
This course provides a brief introduction to quantitative methods; it includes a mix of taught material, practical examples and exercises. Using a popular statistical software package, delegates will put into practice the taught concepts. No previous experience in statistics is required for this course.
Who is it for?
Designed for those with little to no statistical knowledge, or those wishing to refresh their baseline understanding. Applicable also to those wishing to perform statistical analysis and inference utilising the statistical software package SPSS.
What will I learn?
- An understanding of the most common statistical techniques and their principles
- How to use such statistical techniques practically, how to interpret results and report on significant findings in a clear and meaningful manner
- How to use SPSS to run statistical analyses and obtain results
What will it cover?
- Introduction to Quantitative Analysis
- Questionnaire Design
- Summary Statistics
- Frequencies and Graphics
- Normality Testing
- Hypothesis Testing
- Parametric Tests (such as t-tests and ANOVA)
- Non-parametric Tests (such as Mann-Whitney and non-parametric ANOVA)
- Linear Regression
- Multivariate Regression