Back to: Statistics
Advanced Course in Data Management
- Advanced Course in Data Management
If this course isn't quite what you're looking for, or you have any further questions, the following pages may be of use:
This three day course will teach a set of programming techniques to construct macros for the repeated use of manipulating and analysing complex data.
The course will be presented through the combined use of seminars and practical workshops. Numerous examples and demonstrations will be presented together with regular laboratory exercises.
This course is accredited by Cardiff University. Upon successful completion, the participant will receive 10 Credits, Level 2 (CQFW Level 5).
What will I learn?
- Advanced data step programming;
- Structured Query Language (SQL);
- Macro programming
What will it cover?
- A review of basic programming commands
- Advanced data step programming (including selecting variables and observations, conditional statements, loops and arrays)
- Macros (to automate programs)
- SQL (to better handle data)
Benefits of attending
- Write more efficient programs
- Understand better the compilation process and how to avoid errors
- Perform complex data step manipulations
- Construct and run macros
- Query data more efficiently using SQL