- Robust Recruitment
If this course isn't quite what you're looking for, or you have any further questions, the following pages may be of use:
Have you or your managers confused experience with performance or been misled by a job candidate’s apparently impressive background? And do you rely just on C.V. information only to shortlist applicants for interview?
Using evidence- based methods in your recruitment process will minimise the *risks of poor recruitment decisions (i.e. missing talented candidates and selecting poor ones) and auditing your current process will enable you to identify those methods best suited to your organisational needs.
Who is it for?
Primarily for individuals with responsibility for assessment and selection of staff (including internal promotion) but also for HR professionals who advise internal line managers of best practice in recruitment.
What you will learn
- How to identify bottlenecks in your recruitment process and prioritise methods to address for action
- ‘Horses for courses’ approach to selecting proportionate methods to assess candidates
- The relative merits of a variety of evidence-based methods
- The basics of competency-based interviews and assessment centre activities to measure objective candidate performance
What will it cover?
- Raise awareness a range of online tools to assess personality and ability of candidates to shortlist effectively
- Practise effective assessor skills
- Training individuals to make objective assessment and selection decisions
- The impact of psychological bias in the workplace
Benefits of attending
- Improve your recruitment process to save time and money Identify real talent in individuals
- Explore selection solutions ‘fit for purpose’ and suited to your specific needs
- Enhance your staff performance by ensuring you use robust methods to make significantly more objective recruitment and promotion decisions