Essential Management Skills
- Essential Management Skills
(28 - 30 July 2014 )
(2, 9, 16 October 2014 )
If this course isn't quite what you're looking for, or you have any further questions, the following pages may be of use:
This course focuses on moving organisations forward through positive management and achieving organisational aims. This highly interactive course is ideal for newly appointed or soon to be promoted managers/supervisors. This course is accredited by Cardiff University.
Who is it for?
Newly appointed managers/ supervisors, and those with experience but no formal management training.
What will I learn:
- The essential skills, techniques and knowledge required to be a successful manager
What will it cover?
- How to work within the organisation for maximum productivity – efficiency and effectiveness
- Looking at the requirements of the task, the team and the individual
- Identifying the problems and possible solutions
- Using communication through people in planning, preparation and problem solving
- Through discussion, experiential learning, group exercises, listening and individual prior experience
Benefits of attending:
- Develop a personal action plan
- Understand how to manage your time and delegate effectively
- Learn how to motivate and develop staff
- Understand the importance of effective communication with staff
- Learn how to make informed decisions
- Know how to monitor and improve performance
- Learn how to manage workplace conflict
- Recognise your current practices and how you can improve
This course is accredited by Cardiff University. On successful completion the participant will receive 10 Credits, Level 1 (CQFW Level 4).