- Effective Mentoring
If this course isn't quite what you're looking for, or you have any further questions, the following pages may be of use:
One day introduction to the high order mentoring skills needed to become an effective mentor within their workplace.
Who is it for?
Individuals wishing to develop their skills to become an effective peer mentor / coach.
What will I learn?
- Gain an intricate understanding of the mentoring role
- Develop an understanding of the skills and competencies which make an effective mentor
- Gain an appreciation of the stages of the mentoring relationship.
What will it cover?
- The high order skills needed to become an effective mentor
- Action planning and target setting to progress the mentoring relationship
- How to initiate, promote and sustain a mentoring relationship.
Benefits of attending
- Good working grasp of mentoring skills for effective communication
- Fostering a supportive and open working environment – knowing when to deploy certain skills and when to use a different approach
- Improving own professional performance (reflective practitioner)
- Having the opportunity to be stretched and challenged
- Improved capacity to build professional and supportive relationships within your working environment
- Shared responsibility for professional development