The Wales Optometry Postgraduate Education Centre (WOPEC)
- WOPEC is the first Postgraduate Education Centre for Optometry in the world. We are dedicated to excellence in eye care education through quality and independence. We provide a wide range of postgraduate taught courses as well as short courses for optometrists and eye care professionals in the UK and Internationally. WOPEC is accommodated within the School of Optometry and Vision Sciences at Cardiff University and benefits from the involvement of Cardiff’s internationally renowned academic staff. We provide a dedicated facility for eye care education and offer a wide range of postgraduate taught courses as well as short courses for eye care professionals where clinical relevance and learner involvement is our goal.
Some of the courses we have provided include:
- Low Vision training and accreditation
- Acute eye care training and accreditation
- Refraction courses for Ophthalmologists
- Practical Optometry courses for overseas optometrists
Courses can be of any length and we are happy to provide bespoke courses wherever possible.
To speak to us about arranging a course, please contact Rabia Benincasa, or visit our website.