St Michaels College
- St Michael’s is an all party theological college serving the Anglican and Methodist Churches and the work of chaplaincy in partnership with Cardiff University
St Michaels has been charged by the Church in Wales to coordinate the continuing development and training of its clergy across Wales.
This partnership brings together pre- and post-ordination training.
The College delivers the following CPD for clergy:
- IME (Initial Ministerial Education) – Curates and their Training Incumbents
- CME (Continuing Ministerial Education) – Clergy and Readers
- Annual Reader Conference
- CME for the Archdeacons
The Centre for Chaplaincy Studies, based at St Michael’s, but also supported by the University, delivers CPD for chaplains of all faiths based in different organisations (including healthcare, the military, prisons and commercial and retail workplaces).
The CPD includes
- An MTh in Chaplaincy Studies taken part time over three years
- Induction programmes for healthcare chaplains
- Regular training events for healthcare chaplains in Wales
- Bespoke training programmes for chaplains in different sectors and in relation to religion and equality and diversity
For further information contact: