Back to: Marketing and Online Communications
- Google Analytics
By the end of this 1 day course, you will be able to open up a new Google Analytics profile, check for common setup problems and know how to fix them. You will be able to select the most appropriate data for your site and purpose, display it, export it, and make comparisons using it- and most importantly, understand what it means in real terms.
Who is it for?
Website administrators and managers, bloggers, eCommerce retailers or fall sizes, digital advertising, SEO and social media managers, web developers and designers. Familiarity with basic HMTL is welcomed but not necessary.
What will I learn?
- How Google Analytics works, including accuracy limitations
- Simple ways to check that installed code is working correctly
- What the key Google Analytics variables and metrics mean (e.g. Bounce Rate, Source and Medium) and which are most important to your own site
- How to identify bottlenecks and design problems, and see what’s working well and what needs to be tweaked
- How to monitor and investigate performance by page or by visitor source
- How to build and export custom dashboards and detailed reports
- How to set up custom segments and what kind of questions they can answer
- How to set up goals and events
What will it cover?
- Basic setup
- Common measures and metrics- what they really mean
- Finding your KPIs
- Setting up goals and events
- Exporting data
- Working with AdWords and custom campaigns
- How to set up eCommerce tracking and other advanced features (includes an introduction to cross-domain tracking)
- Using profiles
- Custom reports and dashboards
- New Google Analytics features
- Basic troubleshooting
Benefits of attending
- Find the really important data within Google Analytics
- Understand how this relates to what’s happening on your site
- Customise and extend your Google Analytics setup
- Learn how to use the interface to answer complex questions
- Evaluate site performance in meaningful ways
- Generate powerful reporting to track progress
Book on two or more Marketing and Online Communication courses and receive a 10% discount.