Acceptance and Commitment Therapy – ACT on worry and stress.
Level 1 (CQFW Level 4), 10 Credits.
- No upcoming courses.
Get the latest updates on our courses
Please use our subscription page to register your interest, and we will keep you updated on all relevant information and news about subjects you have chosen.
As a student on this course you will:
- Learn to deal with stress and worry by applying cutting edge behavioural techniques and skills
- Increase self-observation and self-reflection
- Learn about mindfulness skills and mindful meditation
- Have an increased awareness of the importance of self care
- Have an increased psychological flexibility
Who is this course for?
The course is open to all who would like to develop their ACT skills.
Learning and Teaching
The course is taught through a mix of:
- student reflection
- working in pairs or small groups to complete worksheets
Coursework and Assessment
To award credits we need to have evidence of the knowledge and skills you have gained or improved.
The assessment for this course is:
- A Learning Journal with short self-reflective entries to demonstrate continuous course participation
Dr Chad Lejeune: The Worry Trap
Dr Russ Harris: The Happiness Trap
Library and Computing Facilities
As a student on this course you are entitled to join and use the University library and computing facilities. You can find out more about these facilities on our website www.cardiff.ac.uk/learn under Student Information, or by ringing the Centre on
(029) 2087 0000.
Accessibility of Courses
Our aim is access for all. We aim to provide a confidential advice and support service for any student with a long term medical condition, disability or specific learning difficulty. We are able to offer one-to-one advice about disability, pre-enrolment visits, liaison with tutors and co-ordinating lecturers, material in alternative formats, arrangements for accessible courses, assessment arrangements, loan equipment and Dyslexia screening. Please contact the Centre on (029) 2087 0000 for an information leaflet.
A range of further information can be found on our web site www.cardiff.ac.uk/learn or in Choices. This includes the times and dates of courses and an explanation of accreditation and credit levels.