Acceptance and Commitment Therapy II
Level 4, 10 Credits.
We have 1 upcoming course
(Wednesdays from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm)
To explore particular aspects of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) more in-depth for self understanding, self help or counselling use and to enable students to:
- work with stories and metaphors, for increased understanding and to minimize resistance
- recognize the importance of language for meaning making and perspective taking in life and in the therapeutic context
- explore own values in order to gain self understanding (what matters to me and why?)
- explore the concepts of courage and confidence, FEAR and DARE, to increase life potential
- increase psychological flexibility by working creatively
Who is this course for?
The course is open to all who have completed ACT I.
Learning and Teaching
The course is taught through a mix of:
- student reflection
- working in pairs or small groups to complete worksheets
Coursework and Assessment
To award credits we need to have evidence of the knowledge and skills you have gained or improved.
The assessment for this course is:
- A Learning Journal with short self-reflective entries to demonstrate continuous course participation
Dr Russ Harris: The Happiness Trap
Dr Russ Harris: The Confidence Gap
Further readings will be suggested throughout the course
Library and Computing Facilities
As a student on this course you are entitled to join and use the University library and computing facilities. You can find out more about these facilities on our website www.cardiff.ac.uk/learn under Student Information, or by ringing the Centre on
(029) 2087 0000.
Accessibility of Courses
Our aim is access for all. We aim to provide a confidential advice and support service for any student with a long term medical condition, disability or specific learning difficulty. We are able to offer one-to-one advice about disability, pre-enrolment visits, liaison with tutors and co-ordinating lecturers, material in alternative formats, arrangements for accessible courses, assessment arrangements, loan equipment and Dyslexia screening. Please contact the Centre on (029) 2087 0000 for an information leaflet.
A range of further information can be found on our web site www.cardiff.ac.uk/learn or in Choices. This includes the times and dates of courses and an explanation of accreditation and credit levels.