Pathways to a degree at Cardiff University
Cardiff Centre for Lifelong Learning has developed a number of pathways to help you achieve your ambition of studying a degree at Cardiff University. Each pathway has been developed with busy adult learners in mind. That means that they are taught on a part-time basis in the evenings and weekends in a friendly and relaxed setting. You don’t need any formal qualifications to get started and there will be plenty of help to develop your study skills.
- Exploring the Past Pathway (for a degree in History, Archaeology or Religion)
- Pathway to Social Science
- Pathway to Business Management
- Pathway to Accounting or Accounting and Finance
- Pathway to Translation
- Pathway to Modern Languages
If you are in receipt of benefits your ‘pathway’ courses could be free. There are also bursaries available for students from lower income backgrounds. For more information select your preferred subject area from the list above.
Reasons to study on a Pathway
- Pathways prepare you to study at degree level
- Work done on a Pathway can count towards your degree
- Courses are part-time
- Classes are taught in the evenings and at weekends
- Classes are small, friendly and supportive
- You will receive one-to-one advice from your tutor or Co-ordinating Lecturer
- Financial support may be available to help with course fees
- Funding advice for degree study is available
- Academic study skills advice and support is available
- No prior qualifications are needed
- This is your opportunity to prepare for Higher Education!