Principles of Marketing and Strategy
Level 1 (CFQW Level 4), 10 Credits.
We have 1 upcoming course
(Wednesdays from 4.30pm to 6.30pm )
Download Enrolment Form
- Wednesdays from 4.30pm to 6.30pm
- 7 weekly meetings
- Melanie Squire
- Cardiff Centre for Lifelong Learning
Tel: 029 2087 0000
Fax: 029 2066 8935
- Fee £211.00 (Concessionary Fee £169.00)
As a student on this course you will:
- Learn about different types of marketing strategies
- Explore specific marketing issues facing companies today
- Work as a team to develop and launch a marketing strategy
Who is this course for?
This new course is open to all and is specifically designed for those who would like a taster for the Pathway to Business Management / Finance and Accounting programme.
The course can also be taken as a stand-alone course for career development, as part of your CPD, or for those with an interest in Marketing issues.
Learning and Teaching
The course is taught through a mix of:
- Lectures and seminars
- Student-led team work to achieve a marketing strategy
Coursework and Assessment
To award credits we need to have evidence of the knowledge and skills you have gained or improved.
The assessment for this course is:
- To develop and launch a marketing strategy
- Principles of Marketing 4th European Edition by Kotler, Wong, Saunders and Armstrong
- Marketing: real people, real decisions 1st European Edition by Solomon, Marshal, Stuart, Barnes and Mitchell
Library and Computing Facilities
As a student on this course you are entitled to join and use the University library and computing facilities. You can find out more about these facilities on our website www.cardiff.ac.uk/learn under Student Information, or by ringing the Centre on
(029) 2087 0000.
Accessibility of Courses
Our aim is access for all. We aim to provide a confidential advice and support service for any student with a long term medical condition, disability or specific learning difficulty. We are able to offer one-to-one advice about disability, pre-enrolment visits, liaison with tutors and co-ordinating lecturers, material in alternative formats, arrangements for accessible courses, assessment arrangements, loan equipment and Dyslexia screening. Please contact the Centre on (029) 2087 0000 for an information leaflet.
A range of further information can be found on our web site www.cardiff.ac.uk/learn or in Choices. This includes the times and dates of courses and an explanation of accreditation and credit levels.