Our Media, Our World
In September 2014 we launched a pathway enabling you to study towards a degree from the School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies, widely regarded as one of the best media schools in the UK.
Why Study Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies?
We live in a media saturated society. The media is a part of our lives and is involved in everything we do.
This saturation goes beyond things like television to include a vast range of different media types, from music to advertising, newspapers to feature films, mobile phones to video games.
When these different media are taken together, we as a population are exposed to more mass media messages in one day than our grandparents were subjected to in a
Technology has played a big part in society’s media saturation. For example, television has gone from one channel to hundreds, 24 hours a day.
Our leisure time is now dominated by media consumption. Most of us spend more time engaging with media, such as watching TV, than we sleep.
If you have ever thought about learning more either of journalism, media and cultural studies this pathway will open up and tackle fascinating subject areas concerning
the media around us. From cinema to sport, comedy to news, music to digital media this affords you a vast array of different topics to engage with and better your knowledge about and develop associated skills to research and study them.
Why Enrol on a Pathway?
- The Our Media, Our World pathway is a flexible and affordable route onto a degree in the School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies.
- Our Media, Our World courses run in the evening and at weekends. The courses are taught by recognised experts in their fields.
- You only have to sign up to one course at a time, and there may be funding available to aid with the cost of your studies.
- Most importantly you don’t need qualifications to enrol on a course.
The pathway is aimed specifically at adult learners and those who have been away from formal education for a long time.
To receive more information about the Our Media, Our World Pathway please contact the Our Media, Our World Co-ordinator Dr Jonathan Cable for a chat. He can be reached by calling 029 2087 0646 or by emailing email@example.com
Sut hoffech chi weld ein cyrsiau?
- Cyrsiau sydd YN YR ARFAETH yn unig |
- POB cwrs
- NEU: - Newydd!
- Cyrsiau sydd newydd ddechrau lle gall fod lleoedd ar gael o hyd.
Our Media, Our World Courses
See past courses and register interest ↓