The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with a global reach.
The Centre for Lifelong Learning, representing the Goethe- Institute, is an examination centre for qualifications awarded and recognised worldwide. The examinations are held at the Centre (Senghennydd Road) in June 2013.
All our German courses will prepare you for this qualification.
All qualifications follow a new format in line with the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
- Deadline for enrolments 30th April 2013
- For registration information contact Siân Austin.
- Please note that the Goethe-Zertifikat: Start Deutsch 1 is now compulsory for proving the language ability related to spouse immigration (Ehegattennachzug)
- For information regarding your level please contact Helga Eckart (Eckart@cardiff.ac.uk )
Units and Fees
Please note that there is a different fee for internal and external candidates. Internal candidates are students currently enrolled on a German course in the Centre for Lifelong Learning.
|Examinations||Fees(Internal Candidates)||Fees(External Candidates)||Preparation Courses|
|A1 Start Deutsch 1||£55||£85||Beginner/Improvers Stages A-B|
|A2 Start Deutsch 2||£55||£85||Improvers/Intermediate Stage B-C|
|B1 Zertifikat Deutsch||£80||£110||Advanced Stages D-E|
|B2 Goethe-Zertifikat B2||£120||£150||Advanced Stages F-G|
- A1 and A2 examinations will take place Saturday 15th June 2013 at the Centre for Lifelong Learning.
- B1 and B2 examinations will take place on Friday 14th June 2013 at the Centre for Lifelong Learning.
Find out past papers by visiting the website of the Goethe-Institut www.goethe.de/ins/gb/lon/lrn/prf/enindex.htm
Why a Goethe-Certificate?
Goethe-Institut examinations are well known throughout the world and the associated certificates are accepted as a qualification by employers and further education institutions in many countries. The Goethe-Institut’s German language examinations correspond to the levels of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and range from A1 for beginners to C2 for language skills at advanced level.
New: Reunification of spouses
The Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Start Deutsch 1 and all higher Goethe certificates (A2 to C2) are recognized as proof of language ability in the new Immigration Act of July 2007 (and for reunification of spouses in the visa process).
Find out detailed examination descriptions and past papers by visiting the website of the Goethe-Institute www.goethe.de/ins/gb/lon/lrn/prf/enindex.htm