Advanced French Conversation – summer
Level 3, 10 Credits.
- This course is currently not being offered in the academic year 2015 - 2016.
Get the latest updates on our courses
Please use our subscription page to register your interest, and we will keep you updated on all relevant information and news about subjects you have chosen.
During this course, we will explore and develop the following themes:
- Changements dans la société: les défis à relever.
- Personnages ou personnalités.
- Fin du XXème et début du XX1ème siècle, les progrès scientifiques et technologiques et leurs influences sur notre vie.
- La création littéraire.
- La France et la francophonie: hier, aujourd’hui et demain.
This course is designed to review and consolidate the students’ use of the French language, developing both vocabulary and range of language structures. It will thus equip you with the necessary skills enabling you to communicate effectively in various situations and at an advanced level. This course will also build on knowledge of the sociocultural aspects of France and the regions/countries where French is spoken.
Each theme will be introduced and developed through a variety of supportive practical material such as texts, audio and video recordings and use of the internet. Participants will actively engage in a wide variety of activities, drawing from personal interests and experience, and findings from their own research.
On completion of the course, the group should have acquired better oral and aural autonomy in French and should have experienced various aspects of the Francophone culture.
- An 18 hour course
- No more than 14 students, guaranteed
- Pre-enrolment is essential
- Course materials provided on first session
- Extensive use of our digital language laboratories
- Audio material available throughout the summer via our on-line learning platform