Lecturer in European Studies and Languages; Asian and Arabic Studies
Telephone: +44 (0)29 2087 5336
Room: E 2.08
- Cardiff University
Centre for Lifelong Learning
Cardiff CF24 4AG
- External Examiner, Manchester University.
- Instituted LEARN as an Examination Centre for the Institute of Linguists Diploma in Translation
- Responsible for CILS (in co-operation with the University of Siena/Italy)
- Co-ordinator for students on degree schemes in Business with a European Language (German/Spanish)
For the Centre for Lifelong Learning
- Member of the Departmental Board
- Member of Boards of Studies for the Certificate and Diploma of Higher Education
- Chair of Premises User Group
- Departmental Library Representative
- Convenor of the p/t tutor working group
Motivation for learning languages by individuals; and the impact of the acquisition of language skills on businesses.
- H. Eckart, (1994) “Experiences of Launching a Continuing Education German Diploma”, German Teaching No.9, (June) pp.15-17. ISSN 0953-4822.
- H. Eckart, (1995) “Business German in Continuing Education: A Pilot Study”, Language Learning Journal No.11, (March) pp. 84-85. ISSN 0957-1736.
- H. Eckart, (1995) Welsh Manufacturing Firms and Foreign Languages: Current Practice and Future Requirements, Research Report, (January) published by South Glamorgan Training and Enterprise Council (94 pages). ISBN1899133-011.
- H. Eckart, (1995) “Foreign Languages and Welsh Manufacturing Firms – Some New Evidence”, Contemporary Wales, Volume 8, (December) pp.143-159 ISSN. 0951-4937.
- H. Eckart, (1995) “Intensive Language Courses and the Adult Learner”, Language Learning Journal, No.13, (November) pp. 31-34. ISSN 0957-1736