Skip to navigation menu

A New Year, New Choices, new Pathways, a new you!

It’s 2014 and New Year resolutions are in full swing. Will 2014 be the year you choose to enhance your employability? Take a new Pathway? Cardiff University’s Centre for Lifelong Learning is busy planning part-time courses to help maximise your potential for 2014 and broaden your horizons.

Choices is Cardiff University’s programme of part-time courses for the general public, offering a variety of subjects so your study can reflect who you are. Whether you want to explore the past, learn a new language, or expand your love of arts and creative writing, we have the perfect course for you to achieve your ambitions. Courses are open to all adults and you don’t need qualifications, so don’t worry if it’s been a while since you studied.

Interested in developing your education even further? The Centre for Lifelong Learning’s Pathways for Progression enables adult learners to access undergraduate degrees at Cardiff University. These are specifically designed for people with all sorts of backgrounds and help students to realise their ambition of studying for a degree in their chosen fields. Cardiff University welcomes applications from students with life experience and who may have been away from formal education for several years.

Here are some comments from our students:

“The Computer Forensics course has allowed me to consider career opportunities that I would not have normally considered. The courses provide the opportunity to explore subjects in a friendly and interactive environment, and offer a great chance to meet people with similar interest.” – Stephen, Computer Forensics Investigation and Response, Computer Studies student

Stephen-Curren---61JPEG

“My knowledge of my chosen subject has increased a huge amount. I’ve met inspiring lecturers and interesting new people. I’ve found confidence in my learning abilities and I’m proud of the work I’ve put in. I knew I had it in me, and I’m delighted that thanks to these courses I’ve been able to prove it!” Alex- Exploring the Past Pathway student

So spend a little time this January on you this New Year and plan the new you!  For more information visit www.cardiff.ac.uk/learn or call 029 2087 0000 and request a copy of the CHOICES prospectus.

choices_2014_100x142