Knowledge Transfer Partnerships (KTP) is one of the UK's leading programmes, helping businesses to improve their competitiveness and productivity through the better use of knowledge, technology and skills that reside within academe. KTP is funded by the Technology Strategy Board along with 17 other funding organisations.
KTPs involve the forming of a partnership between your organisation and Cardiff University, enabling you to access skills and expertise to help your company develop. KTPs provide resources and expertise to organisations that wish to innovate, expand or improve their performance.
The partnership also involves one or more recently qualified persons (Associates) to facilitate this transfer of skills and expertise. The Associate works full-time within your organisation on a project central to your needs and is jointly supervised by company personnel and a senior academic.
KTPs can help your company:
- Find an innovative solution to help your business grow
- Increase your competitive advantage
- Access recently qualified people to spearhead new projects
- Access experts who can help take your business forward
- Develop strong links with Cardiff University