Our carefully designed postgraduate taught courses are an engaging blend of practical workshops and academic seminars.
We pride ourselves on offering our diverse student body a unique integration of both theory and practice that is mutually beneficial to each other. We aim to instill in you an intimate knowledge of real-world media and journalism practice that is built on a solid foundation of academia. Our courses are delivered by industry experts with years of experience and a passion for sharing their knowledge.
We do not believe in excellence for its own sake: our teaching and research is grounded in a commitment to ethics, social responsibility and the importance of journalism, media and communications to a healthy democracy. As a student at the School, you will thus be able to engage in socially productive dialogue around pertinent issues while learning best practices of the industry.
Cardiff University’s Taught Master's Excellence Scholarships are each worth a minimum of £3,000.
Separately, full and part-fee scholarships for our vocational and practice based journalism courses are also available.
Available taught courses
- Broadcast Journalism (MA)
- Computational and Data Journalism (MSc)
- Digital Media and Society (MA)
- International Journalism (MA)
- International Public Relations and Global Communications Management (MA)
- Journalism, Media and Communications (MA)
- Magazine Journalism (MA)
- Media Management (MBA)
- News Journalism (MA)
- Political Communication (MA)
- Science, Media and Communication (MSc)
- Telephone:+44(0)29 2087 4786