(Re)-Constructing Multiculturalism Network and President's Research Scholarships
Societies around the world are becoming increasingly diverse in ethnic, religious and cultural terms. (Re)-Constructing Multiculturalism is a new, cutting-edge venture within the Humanities Schools at Cardiff University, bringing together academic staff and postgraduate students in humanities and social science disciplines to study and analyse how we are dealing with that diversity.
Main features of the research network
- A seminar series on issues in and current research on multi-culturalism. This will include both home-based speakers and visiting speakers from outside cardiff university. Seminars will be held both on and off campus and will aim to include local minority ethnic communities, organisations and policy makers.
- A student-led work-in-progress workshop for post-graduate students
- A student-led reading group or groups
- A website
- A social and cultural programme
Volunteers are needed to:
1. Help maintain & update the website and develop it as a site of intellectual exchange
2. Organise the student-led workshop series
3. Organise a student-led reading group
4. Organise the social and cultural programme
Please contact the co-ordinators:
Professor Chris Weedon, Centre for Critical and Cultural Theory, School of English, Communication and Philosophy - WeedonCM@cardiff.ac.uk
Dr Paul Bowman, School of Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies - BowmanP@cardiff.ac.uk