Dean of Education and Students - College of Biomedical and Life Sciences
We wish to appoint a person to take up this role from September 2017.
This role will be up to 0.8FTE (to be determined in consultation with the successful candidate) and fixed term for one year in the first instance.
3 August 2017
Key aspects of the role, and the required key competencies, capabilities and experience, attributes and skills.
Expressions of interest
As this is a senior academic leadership role, expressions of interest are invited from academic staff at senior level with a significant track record in this thematic area. Please find attached the job description.
The role holder will be accountable both the Amanda Coffey, Pro Vice-Chancellor for Student Experience and Academic Standards and Gary Baxter, Pro Vice-Chancellor for the College of Biomedical and Life Sciences, who are happy to have an informal discussion regarding the role with anyone who is considering expressing an interest and/or submitting an application.
How to apply
To apply for the position, please enclose a short CV (no longer than 5 sides of A4) along with a two page covering letter addressing the following:
- your academic objectives for the College and plans for achieving them
- an outline of how your skills, expertise and experience would allow you to make a positive contribution to the role in the College
- how you would build effective working relationships across the University
- how you would ensure that you would learn about the full breadth of College activities
- the personal characteristics that make you suited to undertake the role.
Written applications should be submitted to Sue Midha, HR Director.
16.00 on Wednesday 27 September 2017.
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2087 9243