Conducting a Systematic Review: a practical guide
Date: 20 - 23 June 2016
Cardiff University Heath Park Campus
ONLINE BOOKING now open
(A limited number of reduced fee places (£650) may be available for Cardiff University and NISCHR portfolio researchers)
PRACTICAL ~ COMPREHENSIVE ~ RELEVANT
Interactive skill development
- Come with a topic
- Leave with an outline protocol
- Tutors with extensive systematic review experience
Covers key areas
By the end of the course, attendees should be able to:
- Develop a focused question
- Identify the evidence to answer that question
- Assess the quality/validity of the identified evidence
- Decide what form of evidence synthesis is most appropriate
- Present the results to meet the needs of clinicians and other researchers
- Develop a strategy to publicise the results
Tailored to target audience
- Postgraduate healthcare researchers
- Healthcare professionals
- Policy makers
The course is presented by Cardiff University's Specialist Unit for Research Evidence (SURE), a largely grant funded team founded in 2000. SURE staff specialise in carrying out systematic reviews, researching and teaching review techniques. Course tutors have extensive experience of undertaking reviews and teaching evidence-based methodologies. The course will be held at Cardiff University’s Heath Park Campus and attendees will have access to state of the art facilities.
Fees include refreshments, lunch, a course dinner and all learning materials.
Comments from previous attendees
"Very useful – provides help for not only those doing/planning to do systematic reviews, but also lots of general research skills essential for quality research."
"Definitely recommend it. Very useful for a wide range of research positions. I feel my research skills have developed extensively."
"A good course not only for systematic reviews, but also to learn general techniques for acquiring and organising research data and planning any research."
For more information about the 2016 course please contact SURE directly: Sure@cardiff.ac.uk