Cardiff Newspapers Listings
Newspapers are a vital source of information for researchers across a whole range of subjects.
- They give eye-witness accounts to major historical events worldwide
- They provide a valuable record of the times they covered
- They include priceless visual images for many topics (pre-photography also)
- They chronicle the changing politics and passions of society over time
- Local newspapers are an immense source of local and family history
Cardiff's newspaper holdings (university and public library) range from the 17th Century to the 20th Century; from single issues on topics of importance, to runs of over a hundred years for the most important titles.
(Some weekly 'news magazines' have been included in this list for completeness, plus a few monthly 'papura bro' etc. of importance).
University Library digital historical newspaper subscriptions:-
- Daily Mirror (1903-current)
- The Times Digital Archive (1785-1985)
- British Library 19th Century Newspaper selections