Legal Practice Library
Legal Practice Library Contact Details
PO Box 430
The location of the library is:
The Legal Practice Library is situated on the ground floor of the Law Building at the junction of Park Place and Corbett Road.
- Located on the ground floor of the Law Building and a ramp is provided at the entrance to the building
- Parking is available on Park Place, near to the Law Building
- An accessible toilet is located on the ground floor
- In the the library, the counter and information desk are low-level, as are the library catalogue terminals
- Staff will retrieve books from the shelves, please ask for assistance
|Normal semester dates 2013-14 (including both May Bank Holidays)||Opening hours|
|Monday to Friday||08.30 to 21.30|
|Saturday||10.00 to 17.30|
|Easter recess 2014||Opening hours|
|Monday 14th to Thursday 17th April||09.00 to 17.00|
|Friday 18th to Monday 21st April||Closed|
|Summer recess 2014 (Saturday 14th June to Sunday 7th September)||Opening hours|
|Monday to Friday||09.00 to 17.00|
|Saturday and Sunday||Closed|
|Monday 25th August (Bank Holiday)||Closed|
The Legal Practice Library is the primary source of information services for the one-year postgraduate Legal Practice Course and Bar Vocational Course run by the Centre for Professional Legal Studies.
The collections reflect the teaching requirements of the Centre and emulate the type of library students may go on to use in a solicitor's practice or barrister's chambers.
There are loose-leaf publications, practitioner materials and reference works as well as a careers information section.
These information resources are complemented by the main research and study collections in the Law Library.