What do you want to do today?
- Check our opening hours
- Find where we are
- Connect with us
- See what training sessions we offer
- Book a group study room
- Look for resources for your subject
- See what assistive technology we have
The Health Library is open:
- 24 hours a day
- 7 days a week
unless otherwise advertised
The Cochrane Building, University Hospital of Wales
The Health Library is located on the ground, first and second floors of the Cochrane Building:
- the ground floor is a Social Learning zone, for group discussions and general conversations;
- the first floor contains an Open-Access computers zone: available for work-related discussions with colleagues; here you will also find books, journals, and the Enquiries desk;
- the second floor features a Silent Study zone: this is reserved for those wishing to study in silence. Other parts of the second floor contain bookable group study rooms, plus additional open-access computers
Floor plan of library's collections and resources - click to enlarge
- Entrance between 7.15am and 6.00pm, Monday to Friday; and 9am - 5pm, Saturday, is via the main entrance doors
- Outside these hours, the building maintains swipe-card access; a Cardiff University or Library photo ID is required to gain admittance
Phone: 029 2068 8137
Extension: From Heath Campus: 01798 88137 / Cathays Campus: 88137
Fax: 029 2068 8138
Library staff respond to face-to-face, telephone and email enquiries during these times:
Monday to Friday 8.30am - 7pm
Saturday 9am - 5pm
Staff contact details
Mrs Lindsay Roberts
Mrs Angela Bowyer
Mrs Elizabeth Gillen
Ms Mari Ann Hilliar
Miss Delyth Morris
Mrs Angela Evans
Blogs and social media
- Health Library updates
- Follow Health Library on twitter
- Images from the Health Library
- Archive images from the Duthie
- Health Library Pinterest
- CU Libraries news
See what training sessions we offer on topics such as effective searching, information skills and using reference management software (eg Endnote) and social media, including Twitter.
We also have weekly drop-in searching clinics where you can ask for help with any questions you may have about how best to use the the range of databases and electronic journals you can access online.
To book a group study room, please complete the online form.
- bookings can only be made for 2 hours;
- consecutive bookings are not allowed.
For further information see the code of conduct.
The subject resources pages on the intranet (log in required) are the starting point for your learning and research. Here you can access the key databases, electronic journals, internet resources and search tools for your subject.
See what specialist software and equipment is provided in the University's libraries and some IT rooms to assist disabled users.
Please ask for assistance if you have difficulty getting the books from the shelves.