Arts and Social Studies Library
Arts and Social Studies Library Contact Details
PO Box 430
The address given above is the postal address for this library.
The location of the library is:
Arts & Social Studies Library
The Arts and Social Studies Library is located on the Colum Drive site at the junction of Corbett Road, Park Place and Colum Road.
Entry to the building is via card-operated turnstiles: you must have your Cardiff University ID card with you to enter the building. Visitors can sign in after showing valid ID.
- An Accessible Entrance for assisted entry to the building is located on the west side of the building at lower ground floor level. Entry is staff-mediated, use the intercom by the Entrance.
- A lift provides access to all floors of the library
- Two Disabled parking spaces are available close to the Arts and Social Studies Library (by the railway line) which can be accessed from Colum Drive
- An accessible toilet is provided on the entrance floor
- Low-level catalogue terminals are available
- Staff will retrieve books from the shelves, please ask for assistance
For a trial period from Monday 6th May to Sunday 9th June the Arts and Social Studies Library will be open 24 hours a day 7 days a week for study only.
Staff services are available during the hours listed below.
|Staffed Services||Opening Hours|
|Monday to Friday||08.30 to 21.30|
|Saturday||10.00 to 17.30|
|Sunday||12.00 to 21.30|
|Summer Recess 2013 (15th June to 22nd September)|
|Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday||09.00 to 17.00|
|Tuesday||09.00 to 21.30|
|Saturday||12.00 to 17.00|
|Monday 26th August (Bank Holiday)||Closed|
The building is on four floors and the entrance to the building is on the ground floor.
The ground floor has information resources for social and behavioural studies, including psychology, education, sociology, social work and politics.
Other facilities available include:
- Short Loan collection
- Information Desk: staffed from 11am - 6pm Monday to Friday (during Semester time)
- Reference Collection, including Statistics Collection
- myPrint Pay Station and change machine
The second (top) floor has information resources for the humanities, including philosophy, religion and theology, archaeology, history, anthropology, art, language and literature, and modern Welsh and Celtic studies.
Lower ground floor
The lower ground floor is home to: