Arts and Social Studies Library
- Contact details and location
- Staff contacts
- Opening hours
- Further information
Arts and Social Studies Library Contact DetailsEmail: email@example.comPhone: 029 2087 4818Extension: Cathays Campus: 74818 / Heath Park Campus: 01798 74818Address:
University Library Service
PO Box 430
The address given above is the postal address for this library.
The location of the library is:
Arts & Social Studies Library
The Arts and Social Studies Library is located on the Colum Drive site at the junction of Corbett Road, Park Place and Colum Road.
Entry to the Arts and Social Studies Library
Entry to the building is via card-operated gates: you must have your Cardiff University ID card with you to enter the building. Visitors can sign in after showing valid ID.
If you have a Reference ID card, you will need to show it to staff to gain entry to the library. Please note: Reference ID card holders and other visitors are not permitted access to the building outside staffed service hours.
- An Accessible Entrance for assisted entry to the building is located on the west side of the building at lower ground floor level. Entry is staff-mediated, use the intercom by the Entrance.
- A lift provides access to all floors of the library
- Two Disabled parking spaces are available close to the Arts and Social Studies Library (by the railway line) which can be accessed from Colum Drive
- An accessible toilet is provided on the entrance floor
- Low-level catalogue terminals are available
- Staff will retrieve books from the shelves, please ask for assistance
ContactsPosition:Library Team Leader - College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences. Subject Librarian - History and ArchaeologyEmail: Montgomery@cardiff.ac.ukTelephone: 029 2087 5988Extension: Cathays Campus: 75988 / Heath Park Campus: 01798 75988Position:Subject Librarian - Language and Communication / Philosophy / Religious and Theological StudiesEmail: SwainE@cardiff.ac.ukTelephone: 029 2087 0201Extension: Cathays Campus: 70201 / Heath Park Campus: 01798 70201Position:Subject Librarian - Modern Languages / PoliticsEmail: TramontiniL@cardiff.ac.ukTelephone: 029 2087 5691Extension: Cathays Campus: 75691 / Heath Park Campus: 01798 75691Position:Subject Librarian - WelshEmail: PriceH@cardiff.ac.ukTelephone: 029 2087 0294Extension: Cathays Campus: 70294 / Heath Park Campus: 01798 70294Position:Subject Librarian - Social Sciences / Geography and PlanningEmail: PuzeySL@cardiff.ac.ukTelephone: 029 2087 0796Extension: Cathays Campus: 70796 / Heath Park Campus: 01798 70796Position:Assistant Library Customer Services ManagerEmail: HathawaySM@cardiff.ac.ukTelephone: 029 2087 5684Extension: Cathays Campus: 75683 / Heath Park Campus: 01798 75683Position:Library Customer Services ManagerEmail: StafferHB@cardiff.ac.ukTelephone: 029 2087 5686Extension: 75686
From 08.30 Monday 4 January 2016 to 21.30 Friday 10 June 2016 the Arts and Social Studies Library will be open 24 hours a day 7 days a week with the exception of Easter (see amended hours below). Staffed services are available during the hours listed below.
24/7 staffed services Opening hours Monday to Friday 8.30 to 21.30 Saturday 10.00 to 17.30 Sunday 12.00 to 21.30 Easter Recess 2016 Opening hours Monday 21st to Thursday 24th March 9.00 to 17.00 Friday 25th to Monday 28th March Closed Tuesday 29th March 08:30 onwards 24 hour opening resumes Summer Recess 2016* (Monday 13th June to Sunday 18th September) Opening hours Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:00 Saturday 10:00 – 17:30 Sunday Closed Monday 29th August (Bank Holiday) Closed
(Special Collections and Archives [SCOLAR] in ASSL is only open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm each day; it is not open on the weekends or bank holidays).
The building is on four floors and the entrance to the building is on the ground floor.
The ground floor has information resources for social and behavioural studies, including psychology, education, sociology, social work and politics.
Other facilities include:
- Self-service kiosks for issuing and renewing and a return sorter for self-return of books
- myPrint Pay Station
- Short Loan collection containing 1 day loans, Short Loan Reference books and theses
- Abstracts and Indexes collection and Statistics collection
The second (top) floor has information resources for the humanities, including philosophy, religion and theology, archaeology, history, anthropology, art, language and literature, and modern Welsh and Celtic studies.
Lower ground floor
The lower ground floor is home to:
- Special Collections and Archives (SCOLAR), which contains rare books, original manuscripts and other archive materials
- 'e-lounge' which has networked PCs, study rooms, a lounge area and vending machines
- Graphic Services