Arts and Social Studies Library
Arts and Social Studies Library Contact Details
PO Box 430
The address given above is the postal address for this library.
The location of the library is:
Arts & Social Studies Library
The Arts and Social Studies Library is located on the Colum Drive site at the junction of Corbett Road, Park Place and Colum Road.
Entry to the building is via card-operated turnstiles: you must have your Cardiff University ID card with you to enter the building. Visitors can sign in after showing valid ID.
- An Accessible Entrance for assisted entry to the building is located on the west side of the building at lower ground floor level. Entry is staff-mediated, use the intercom by the Entrance.
- A lift provides access to all floors of the library
- Two Disabled parking spaces are available close to the Arts and Social Studies Library (by the railway line) which can be accessed from Colum Drive
- An accessible toilet is provided on the entrance floor
- Low-level catalogue terminals are available
- Staff will retrieve books from the shelves, please ask for assistance
|Normal Semester Dates 2014/15 (including both May Bank Holidays)||Opening hours|
|Monday to Thursday||8.30 to midnight (study only 21.30 to midnight)|
|Friday||8.30 to 21.30|
|Saturday||10.00 to 17.30|
|Sunday||12.00 to 21.30|
|Christmas Recess 2014/15||Opening hours|
|Monday 15th to Friday 19th December||9.00 to 17.00|
|Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st December||Closed|
|Monday 22nd and Tuesday 23rd December||9.00 to 17.00|
|Wednesday 24th December to Sunday 4th January||Closed|
|Easter Recess 2015||Opening hours|
|Monday 30th March to Thursday 2nd April||9.00 to 17.00|
|Friday 3rd to Monday 6th April||Closed|
|Summer Recess 2015* (Monday 15th June to Sunday 20th September)||Opening hours|
|Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday||9.00 to 17.00|
|Tuesday||9.00 to 21.30|
|Saturday||12.00 to 17.00|
|Monday 31st August (Bank Holiday)||Closed|
(Special Collections and Archives [SCOLAR] in ASSL is only open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm each day; it is not open on the weekends or bank holidays).
*Summer hours subject to alteration depending on funding. There will probably be another 24/7 period as yet undecided.
The building is on four floors and the entrance to the building is on the ground floor.
The ground floor has information resources for social and behavioural studies, including psychology, education, sociology, social work and politics.
Other facilities available include:
- Short Loan collection
- Information Desk: staffed from 11am - 6pm Monday to Friday (during Semester time)
- Reference Collection, including Statistics Collection
- myPrint Pay Station and change machine
The second (top) floor has information resources for the humanities, including philosophy, religion and theology, archaeology, history, anthropology, art, language and literature, and modern Welsh and Celtic studies.
Lower ground floor
The lower ground floor is home to: