Julian Hodge Study Centre (24/7 access)
The Julian Hodge Study Centre, located on the 2nd floor of the Julian Hodge Building, provides a large IT workstation room for use by all staff and students of Cardiff University.
IT support and assistance is provided by INSRV staff during the times indicated below.
At all other times, the 24/7 facilities provided in the 2nd floor study centre are available for unsupported use whilst the building is monitored by Cardiff University Security staff.
Meeting Rooms and Training Rooms are also available on the 3rd floor of the building but these can only be booked during the supported times indicated below.
IT Support and Assistance
Open-access facilities in the 2nd floor Study Centre are available 24/7 for use by staff and students of Cardiff University.
IT support is provided by INSRV staff during University Semesters as indicated below ...
|Monday 29 September 2014 to Friday 12 June 2015,|
excluding recess periods and bank holidays as is indicated below.
|Monday to Friday||from 9.00 to 21.00|
|Saturday||from 10.00 to 17.00|
|Prior to the start of the semester on 29 September 2014, additional support will be provided from 10.00 to 17.00 on ...|
Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 September 2014
Saturday 27 and Sunday 28 September 2014
|During peak periods of demand, support will also be provided from 10.00 to 17.00 on the following Sundays ...|
5, 12, 19 and 26 October 2014
11, 18 and 25 January 2015
1 February 2015
10, 17, 24 and 31 May 2015
7 June 2015
Please note that whilst the 2nd floor Study Centre remains open for 24/7 access during recess periods and bank holidays, IT support provided is restricted during these periods ...
(Saturday 13 December 2014 to Sunday 4 January 2015)
|Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 December 2014||Enquiry Desk closed.|
|Monday 15 to Friday 19 December 2014||9.00 to 17.00|
|Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 December 2014||Enquiry Desk closed.|
|Monday 22 AND Tuesday 23 December 2014||9.00 to 17.00|
|Wednesday 24 December 2014 to Sunday 4 January 2015||Enquiry Desk closed.|
(Saturday 28 March 2015 to Sunday 19 April 2015)
|Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 March 2015||Enquiry Desk closed.|
|Monday 30 March to Thursday 2 April 2015||9.00 to 17.00|
|Friday 3 April to Monday 6 April 2015||Enquiry Desk closed.|
|Tuesday 7 to Friday 10 April 2015||9.00-17.00|
|Saturday 11 and Sunday 12 April 2015||Enquiry Desk closed.|
|Monday 13 April to Friday 17 April 2015||9.00-17.00|
|Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 April 2015||Enquiry Desk closed.|
|Monday 4 May 2015||Enquiry Desk closed.|
|Monday 25 May 2015||Enquiry Desk closed.|
(Saturday 13 June 2015 to Sunday 27 September 2015)
|Monday to Friday||9.00 to 17.00|
|Saturday and Sunday||Enquiry Desk closed.|
|Monday 31 August 2015||Enquiry Desk closed.|
- Study Centre located on the 2nd floor with meeting and training rooms on the 3rd floor of the Julian Hodge Building. All floors accessible via a lift
- Accessible parking (blue badge holders) situated nearby, outside adjacent Aberconway Building. Use of these parking spaces is restricted by Security Services and please note that no parking is available for staff or students in this area
- Accessible toilets are located on the ground floor and within the Study Centre on the second floor of the building
24/7 access in the 2nd floor Study Centre to:
- 120 open-access Windows 7 workstations
- networked black and white and full colour A4 and A3 printing (chargeable via myPrint service)
- multi-functional device (MFD) wireless printing (available via webPrint service)
- printer payment machine (Pay Station)
- MFDs also provide photocopying and scanning service
- a variety of assistive software and hardware
IT support assistants available to offer help and assistance for IT queries.
- power sockets provided for laptop charging whilst working
- Eduroam wireless connectivity available throughout building
- shop sales to include; general stationery, USB sticks, folders, pens and stamps
- comb binding service
Students staying in University accommodation can self-register laptops for use of the University wireless network. Staff are able to assist with registration of laptops owned by students who are not in University accommodation and can also set-up mobile devices, e.g. smartphones and tablets, for wireless connection. Laptops are required to pass simple checks to avoid problems with virus infections, see security and virus protection for more information.