Make a Complaint
Information Services is committed to the delivery of high quality solutions and services designed to meet the needs of all of our customers, whether staff, student, visitor or member of the public.
We consistently strive to provide these services in a professional, fair and courteous manner, within both the letter and spirit of the University's Equal Opportunities policy.
On those rare occasions where a service, member of staff, or facility fails to meet a customer's expectations, customers are encouraged to provide constructive feedback which will help us to continually improve the services we offer.
This procedure also applies should a member of staff wish to lodge a formal complaint concerning a customer.
Information Services procedures for making a complaint are consistent with the University processes for handling staff and student complaints. These include the University's Student Complaints policy and the University Grievance Procedure.
What should I do if I want to raise a complaint?
Complaints must be reported within 28 days of the incident taking place, unless there is a valid reason why this has not been possible.
A complaint may be reported in one of the following ways:
- In person to a member of staff;
- Completing a complaint form - available in all key locations;
- Submitting an online complaint form.
Information Services will:
- Record the complaint and ensure that the nature and any resolution of the complaint is passed to the relevant Information Services Service Owner or Staff Manager;
- Undertake to provide an initial response to any written complaint within one working day of the complaint being received. If a reply from the customer is not received within ten days, it will be assumed that the complaint is to be closed;
- Ensure complaints about our services, staff or facilities are handled professionally, appropriately and promptly, with satisfactory outcomes for all parties wherever possible.
The Information Services Complaint procedure has four resolution stages through which a complaint can be escalated:
A verbal complaint is received and resolved immediately by a member of Information Services staff . If the complaint cannot be immediately resolved, a written complaint form should be submitted.
A written complaint is received and a referred to the Complaints Manager.
A written complaint that cannot be resolved to the customer's satisfaction by the site Complaints Manager is escalated to the relevant member of Information Services Board for resolution.
A written complaint that cannot be resolved internally within Information Services, is escalated to an external University mediation body e.g. University HR for resolution in line with University policies.