Prepare for your test
There are a number of ways to prepare for your IELTS test.
We advise that you prepare thoroughly for the test. Some Universities and English Language Schools offer IELTS preparation courses. There is also a wide range of published preparation material available from reputable bookshops.
Road to IELTS
The Road to IELTS online preparation package offers 30 hours of free online tuition to help you prepare for the test.
After registering for an IELTS test, you will have access to three units, each based on common IELTS topics and covering all four sections of the exam: reading, listening, writing and speaking.
The course allows you to:
- practise IELTS listening tasks under timed conditions
- watch videos of sample speaking tests, highlighting good practice
- develop vocabulary and techniques for writing tasks
- work on authentic texts for the reading test
- increase your vocabulary in topic areas commonly covered in the IELTS test.
English language courses
There are a number of English language courses at Cardiff University.
For more information about IELTS preparation courses, please email us.